Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good Day For An Interval Workout

I haven't run since Saturday. I would say I'm definitely over any addiction to running. But today I brought my running stuff to work. I chickened out, though. Actually, I had decided when I left home that if it was above freezing at noon, I would run. Otherwise, I would be cautious and avoid slipping on ice. I've had some issues lately in and around my left knee, so I didn't want to risk tweaking it somehow and injuring it worse.

Partway through lunch, I decided I wanted to do something active today, so I headed for the stairs. I walked down to the ground floor, and the plan was to do three sets of walking up to the sixteenth floor and then back down.

First trip up was in 3 minutes and 9 seconds. That's 12.6 seconds per flight. Not running, but a good steady walk up stairs. Three minutes flat to get back down to ground level. Second trip up was in 2 minutes and 47 seconds. That's about 11.1 seconds per flight. At that point I was sorta starting to get sweaty, and since I was still in street clothes, I decided to stop. Knee felt fine, though.

Tonight my workout probably will be on the stationary bike, and then tomorrow will be the Marvellite run.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

You ever walked up the stairs at Jason's Deli on 15th Street after running. Now that can hurt.

simulatedme said...

stairs, that's what I need, or maybe some bleachers, but this time of year some stairs would fit the bill perfect.