Thursday, August 27, 2009

Training for the Past Week

Thursday
noon: 4 miles Fartlek, avg pace = 8:13
evening: 8.5 miles easy, avg pace = 8:30

Friday
noon: 5 miles easy, avg pace = 9:12

Saturday
morning: 12 miles at marathon pace (8:14) plus 6 really slow miles
I was really happy about Saturday's run. First four miles I felt pretty tired, but then I picked up the pace and felt good the rest of the way.

Sunday
20 mile bike ride, avg speed = 16.2 mph
This was an easy ride south on Elwood to 191st and back north on Hwy 75.

Monday
noon: 4 miles easy, avg pace = 8:47
evening: hill sprints plus 4 miles easy
Hill sprints went well. I ran them faster than usual and with shorter recovery periods.

Tuesday
noon: 4 miles easy, avg pace = 8:30
Legs were pretty sore today.

Wednesday
evening: 36 mile bike ride, avg speed = 16.6 mph
First half of ride was pretty enjoyable. The last half was pretty miserable though, because I started having gas pains and my shoulder was giving me problems. My legs felt good though, even when we picked up the pace to the mid 20s.

Totals for the Seven Days
Running: 48 miles
Biking: 56 miles

No comments: