Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last Saturday's Run and the Plan for Next Saturday.

Turnout was a little light for our group at Veterans Park Saturday, and I suppose that's because some of you went to Turkey Mountain. We had another pretty scenic and hilly run from Veterans Park again. We ran past Swan Lake,

SwanLake.jpg

and we ran past Utica Square and through Cascia Hall's parking lot and past their athletic fields,

20091214-HONfixed.jpg

through Woodward Park and then through the neighborhoods west of Woodward Park.

woodward_park_3.jpg

Finally we made it back to Veterans Park. I wasn't feeling my best and ended up walking quite a bit the last mile. Anyway, I got in about 7.5 miles in the morning. I hope you all had a better run than me.

In the evening Sandra hosted a scavenger hunt/run - mainly for those training for the Lean Horse 100. We started at Veterans Park and wound our way to Sandra's looking for things along the way. That was about seven miles. Then we did a loop that went through the TU campus and even went past Coach Kathy's old house. And then there was another loop, but I left because I needed my sleep. I ended with a little over 13 miles. I'm thinking about having a couple of Saturday morning runs in September starting at the fairgrounds and including parts of Sandra's routes. Here are a couple of pictures from Sandra's blog (ezjogger.blogspot.com/2010/08/sandras-scavenger-run.html).

sunflower.jpg
shoppingcart.jpg

It's going to be very hot this week, so be careful out there. It's okay to run slowly and take walk breaks. I don't expect to be at any of the group runs until August 21. I am going out of town on business this week and on vacation for the next two weeks.

This coming Saturday the route is to do an out and back starting south on the River Parks trail. Here are the scheduled distances and turn around points:

Beginner Half: 7 miles. Turn back at the wooden footbridge that is not quite a quarter of a mile south of I‐44.
Advanced Half: 9 miles. Turn back at 61st Street.
Beginner Full: 10 miles. Turn back at the parking lot at 67th Street.
Intermediate Full: 12 miles. Turn back at Helmerich Park.
Advanced Full: 14 miles. Turn back at 81st Street.

Take it on the run!
TATUR Dave

No comments: