Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hooray! It's Taper Time

I had my last long run yesterday. No other marathoners showed up, so I ran alone. I'm not sure where everyone else was. Brian, the head tatur, was in the Eisenhower Marathon setting a new PR of 3:37:31! Tatur uno was with him. Trail zombie was in bed fast asleep, but he is running the Hogeye Marathon today. Pretty much everyone else deserves a spanking from Coach Kathy when she gets back!

My run yesterday went pretty well. I ran north from 68th & Riverside to the 21st Street bridge and crossed over to the west bank. Then I kept heading north on the trail to Southwest Boulevard, crossed the river again, and headed up to 7th Street. While crossing the river I passed a bunch of runners doing the Osteopathic Scrub Run. Once on 7th, I headed through downtown to Boston, south on Boston to 18th, and then caught the Midland Valley Trail. Went south from the pedestrian bridge back to the starting point in time to catch Bobby, Susan, and Kristin before they left. I think they ran something like 8 miles. From there I headed south and ran on the Creek Turnpike trail to the 11 mile marker and back. Total of 24 miles.

It's been a pretty good last four weeks, and my legs are ready for a rest. Average mileage for the last four weeks is 48.7. Last week's mileage was 53.7. I think I will be ready for OKC.

No comments: