Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Week of Running

Monday: 4 miles on treadmill in Jonesboro, Arkansas. 1/4 mile warmup + 3 mi @ mp + 1/2 mi @ 8 min/mi + 1/4 mile cooldown. avg pace 8:45

Tuesday: 6 miles with Brian and John. John was blazing fast and went on ahead in the last 2-3 miles. avg pace 8:40

Wednesday: took the day off from running. I am tapering after all!

Thursday: 5 miles with Toby. avg pace 8:56

Friday: 3.3 miles at noon. avg pace 8:52

Saturday: 12 miles. First 3.5 were with the RW group, from 68th & Riverside to Turkey Mountain & back, including the red loop. Next 5 were along the River, 3 of which were at marathon pace or faster. I was going to stop, but then my daughter, Becky, showed up. I did the 3.5 mile loop up to Turkey with her. It was a fun morning of running, about double what I had planned, but they were mostly easy miles.

Total miles for week = 30.3

I won't be running with the group next week. Probably will do 3-4 at lunch on Monday and Tuesday, and then no more running until the marathon on Sunday.

2 comments:

T Z said...

I am excited to see what a well trained Tatur Dave does at OKC this year. I am sure a BQ awaits.

Ethiopian Elites said...

I am not even thinking about attempting a BQ next Sunday. I would like to finish in the 3:40s, possibly a 3:45, but you know how it is. Come race day, I may be happy just to finish. A BQ for me would be 3:35:59, and I'm just not there yet.

You know who I think has a real chance at BQing is Kathy. It all depends on if she wants to do it (and if weather cooperates).