Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Last week ended with a nice, hilly, scenic run through the neighborhoods behind RunnersWorld, north to Utica Square, past Swan Lake, and back to the store along the same route. Most of the runners seemed to like the route, but Cheryl and I are not on speaking terms anymore. The run went pretty well for me, except that my group left without me, and even running at a quick pace, it took me four miles to catch them. I finally caught up while they were stopping to drink at Swan Lake. My average pace for the 9 miles was 8:26. (That is not the pace I should be doing these long runs.) Then I added 5 more miles at a more reasonable pace - about a minute per mile slower. Just for the record I have posted the route and profile in this blog entry.

This has been a good week of running so far. On Monday evening I ran around Zink Lake with Brian plus I ran a little extra, so I am guessing it was about 4.5 miles. I really wasn't paying attention to my watch, but I think we were running a little faster than an 8 minute pace most of the time, but we did stop to walk a few times.

Tuesday I ran 4 miles at an easy pace, around 8:50 per mile. It was from 3rd & Boulder, south on Boston and then Cincinnati to 26th, and then back north on Boston and Main. I ran the same route today, but this time I ran it as a tempo run. It was pretty windy today, which made it tough heading north, but I still managed a pace of 7:37 (that includes stopping to talk with Andy and Dustin at about 5th and Boston for a few seconds). It was my first run in my brand new adidas Supernova Sequence shoes, which I got from the best running store in Tulsa - RunnersWorld.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Saturday's route. Thanks for planning it Dave. It was a nice change of scenery. I heard several people say they were glad that we were running hills since some of the upcoming marathons will be somewhat hilly.

As for your paces...wow! Consider me duly impressed. :)

Susan Michaels said...

I too enjoyed last saturdays run. I thought it was a nice change of scenery. I know that I only had 2 small hills to deal with for us 4 milers but I thought you did a good job of planning it.

Bobby said...

Wow that chart makes it look hilly.
Nice shoes.