Saturday, February 28, 2009

Back to Running

I did get back to running on the Thursday night run on the 19th. I took it really easy - 4 miles in just under an hour - and my leg felt great. For some reason, though, I felt really tired at the end of the run. I got home and all of a sudden felt chilled. Turns out I had chills and fever through the night. I was sick. So, I missed the Saturday run.

I finally started feeling okay on Monday and got back to some serious running. Here is what I did this week:

Monday: 4 miles, Fartlek with a bunch of 10 second all out sprints, avg pace 8:15
Tuesday: 4 miles, easy, avg pace 10:00 - ran with Carlos
Wednesday: 4 miles, Fartlek, with 1 mile at 7 min pace, a bunch of short hill sprints, and a fair amount of walking, avg pace about 9:00
Thursday noon: 6 miles, easy, avg pace 9:20
Thursday evening: 7 miles, avg pace 8:40 - couldn't keep up with Larry and Chad
Friday: rest
Saturday: 16.5 miles, avg pace 9:00, 4 miles at 8:30 pace or better, the rest at easy pace

Total for week: 41+

4 comments:

Susan Michaels said...

You need to take something for that fartlek problem LOL.

BOCA said...

Glad you have been feeling good and getting back to the run....the bunny slipper will be happy to be back running and not so much "cross training"/rest

Christal Pellerin said...

So nice to see that you are running again Dave. Be good to yourself and all will be well. I go back to the doctor next week, so hopefully she will clear me to run again. Take care :)

Ethiopian Elites said...

Thanks for your comments. It will be good to have all of you back running soon.

I was fortunate that my injury and sickness only lasted a couple of weeks. I can't imagine what you are feeling like, Christal.