Saturday, September 5, 2009

Training Log - First Week in September

Monday: Hill repeats. Total of six miles. On the "cool down jog" Rusty, Amanda, and I sprinted up a few gradual hills. That left me sore for the rest of the week.

Tuesday: Five mile easy run from downtown and around Swan Lake.

Wednesday: Six mile easy run that included Midland Valley trail and west bank trail along the Arkansas River.

Thursday: Three mile very easy jog at noon. My glutes were still sore, and I was trying to loosen them up for the interval session in the evening. For intervals, we first started with two mile warm up, then 8 x 800 meters. Averaged 3:23, with 2:30 jog recoveries. Finished with two mile cool down. Total of 12 miles for the day. I felt really tired during this session.

Friday: No running.

Saturday: Eighteen mile run. Average pace 8:40 per mile. Felt pretty tired before I started, but felt good most of the way. The last several miles were hard. I think the 100% humidity had something to do with it.

Total: 47 miles for the week

1 comment: