Sunday, September 13, 2009

Training Log - Second Week in September

Running Log
Monday:
about 9 miles on Turkey Mountain - the yellow trail twice plus a little extra. Did the two yellow loops in about 86 minutes, then did about another 10 minutes. So, it was 10:30-11:00 minute pace. Sounds pretty slow, but it felt equivalent to around an 8:30 pace on the roads.
Tuesday: 5 miles easy
Wednesday: 6 miles easy
Thursday: 4 miles on a treadmill in Atlanta. Did repeats of 1/4 mile fast (6-6:30/mile) and 1/4 mile slow (9:00/mile). Wanted to get more miles in, but there was a thirty minute limit on the treadmill, and other guys were waiting. (Okay, I did go a little over thrity minutes, but not by much.) Felt pretty good during this workout.
Friday: 6.5 miles at about 8:30 pace
Saturday: 12 miles at about 8:10 pace. Then helped mark Turkey and Taturs course. A good part of it was walking and stopping to tie ribbons, but I did get in a fair amount of running. I'm counting it as an extra 5 miles in the log. The twelve miles was a good run with Eric. The goal was to keep it at pretty close to planned marathon pace the whole way, which we did with no problem.
Miles for the week: 47.5

Other Stuff
I was thinking today about how close we are to finishing our study of the minor prophets in Sunday School. Next up is Malachi, and then we will be through. I think the verse that captures the message of Malachi is 2:2, "If you do not listen, and do not set your heart to honor my name," says the LORD Almighty, "I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me." I hope that my life honors the name of the LORD.

I was also thinking today about the last lesson on Zechariah that I taught. I think my favorite passage is from chapter 3, which relates the vision in which Joshua is in filthy clothes standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan is also standing there accusing him. Then the LORD rebukes Satan, saying he has chosen him and snatched him from the fire. Then the the angel of the LORD takes off Joshua's dirty clothes and puts clean clothes on him and says, "see, I have taken away your sin." It is a great picture of how Jesus Christ has taken away our sins, and now Satan has no basis to accuse those who believe in Christ. I am thankful.

No comments: