Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Fine Week of Running

Okay, it's not the end of the week, but I have to update the blog when I can. Last Saturday was a great day for running. Fifteen degrees with about a ten mile per hour wind. Oh, it made my face hurt! I ran a couple alone then met Brian and ran for about an hour. By the time we met the group at 8 am, I already had 8 miles in. I was going to run 8 or so more with Mike, but somehow I got talked into running with Kathy and Charlie and ran 13 more. Total of 21 for the day. I felt really good after the run - no soreness in the knees or any real pains anywhere. Afterwards Charlie, Robin, Joe, Mike, Toby, and I had breakfast at First Watch. It was good getting to know everybody a little better.

Monday I was off work for Martin Luther King's birthday. Actually I did go into work for a little while to finish up some stuff that had to get done. After that I did an 8 mile run south of downtown taking Cincinnati, Terwilliger, Yorktown, and a few other hilly roads to about 33rd Street. Then over to Peoria and back downtown.

Tuesday at lunch I ran a quick 3 mile route around Owen Park from downtown. That evening I ran with Becky, Robin, Mike, and a new guy named Paul. He said his goal is to run a marathon in 6:30 per mile pace. Whew, that's too fast for me! I started running with him and before long was ahead of the others, so I turned back to regroup with my daughter, Becky. At the four mile post (2 miles into the run) Ed and July Byrnes came up and offered to run back with Becky, which they did. I went on and caught up with Mike and Robin and finished the run with them. Total of 6 miles, 4 for Becky. I wish I had stayed with Becky to give her encouragement

Thursday I decided I would stick with Becky the whole way. Actually, I started early and got 5 miles in before she started. Then I ran about 6 miles with Becky and Molly. It was a good run. Becky and Molly are doing great - 6 miles at about a 10:30 pace. Woohoo!!!

Plans for this Saturday are to do about 14 miles. I look forward to seeing all my running friends.

Here is my church's verse of the month, which I have memorized and think about sometimes on my runs:
It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to your name O Most High.
To declare your lovingkindness in the morning and your faithfulness every night.
- Psalm 92:1-2

No comments: