Sunday, January 27, 2008

Let it Be Said of Us

In Sunday school today the focus was on Ephesians 4:1-3.
I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
The highlight of the worship (in my mind) was the song, "Let It Be Said of Us." It fit in well with the Sunday school lesson.

Let it be said of us: We were marked by forgiveness,
We were known by our love, And delighted in meekness.
We were ruled by His peace, Heeding unity's call;
Joined as one body that Christ would be seen by all.

Let the cross be our Glory, and the Lord be our song,
By mercy made Holy, by the Spirit made strong.
Let the cross be our Glory and the Lord be our song,
till the likeness of Jesus be through us made known.
Had a good run yesterday. Brian showed up early and ended up running a total of 18. I slept in and only got in 15, but it was according to plan, and I felt good. I jogged a mile with Joe and then met the RunnersWorld Group and ran with them another 8 miles at a relaxed pace. I wanted to have a fast finish run, so I sped up to 8:30/mile pace for 4 miles followed by 8 minute pace for a mile. Then I jogged a recovery mile, finishing with Brian. Nobody hung out at the picnic table afterwards because it was cold, damp, and breezy. Our coach, Kathy is still sick. Brian, her husband, said it was like having a vibrator in bed with him, she was shivering so. Hope she gets well soon.

No comments: