Friday, January 18, 2008

Thursday Night Run, Etc.

I've been logging my miles both on Runner's World and in a spreadsheet. The graph below, which is from my spreadsheet, shows for the last six months my daily runs and running totals for 7 days and 30 days. In training for the Route 66 Marathon last November, my 7-day mileage peaked at 59 miles and my 30 day mileage peaked at 190 miles. Right now my 7 day mileage is 41 and my 30 day mileage is 118. As you can see, December was a fairly low mileage month. I needed the rest because my knees and legs took some time to recover from the marathon.

The Thursday night run was fun - about 5.5 miles. There was a big turnout for the group run from RunnersWorld. I took off with Robin, Toby, Mike, and David. After a while I kind of surged ahead and made it into kind of a fartlek workout, stopping at a few places to do pull ups, push ups, or sit ups. I ran really hard across the pedestrian bridge. About halfway across I heard Toby gaining on me, so I picked up the pace - almost to a sprint. It wore me out, but it felt good. With about two miles to go I let the group go on ahead, and I finished with two of my daughters, Becky and Katie, and with their friend, Molly.

After the run, Sloan Taylor gave a nutrition clinic at the store. The last part of the talk had to do with hydration. Sloan said that your pee should be more like lemonade than apple juice. I remarked that if it looks like Tang, then you are dehydrated, especially if it is in powdered form!

Saturday I hope to do 18 miles. I think Brian is going to meet me at the River at 7, and the rest of the group should be there at 8.

No comments: