Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cold and Rainy Day

Saturday was a great day for a run! Too bad most of you chickened out and stayed in bed. I started early and got in seven miles before the rest of the group showed up at about 7 am. I then ran 8 or so with Brian, Kurt, and Randy. The bridges were a little icy to run on, but except for that, it was a great run. After that I ran another 8 by myself. Just as I started out again it started raining. I picked up the pace and ran hard for the next four miles, a little faster than 9 minute miles. The last 3 or 4 miles were tough. I was getting way tired.

Saturday afternoon was pretty dreary, with all the rain. I spent most of the afternoon lying on the couch, listening to my daughter, Melissa, practice piano. She was asked to play for a friend's wedding in June, and she is already is feeling the pressure.

Marilyn and I had a wonderful evening on Saturday. We went to Osaka Japanese Steakhouse for dinner with some friends and afterwards went to the Signature Synphony at TCC. The music was beautiful. I especially liked the Irish Suite, and the Sandpaper Ballet and Typewriter concerto were very entertaining. Two friends of mine had solos, Cherie on flute, and Jim on trumpet. They were good, but not as funny as the percussionists!

1 comment:

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Sounds like you are having a flavorful month with all your activities. Thanks for voting. THe pageant was a unique experience, which was fun and interesting all wrapped in one. I'm moving this week between work, school and workouts. I had to take a little time off from full runs, but I should be back in the swing of things after this weekend. Spring is busier than Fall for me...as you can tell by not getting to see me.

I miss you all a ton. Continue lifting us up in prayers.