Friday, February 29, 2008

Still Sick

This has been a bad season for sickness. On Saturday, I ran into Teresa, who is just getting over a long battle with cold and congestion; saw her again Thursday, and she seemed like she has licked it. For me, I feel like the worst is past. I was able to run 4 miles easy on Wednesday and a 4 mile tempo run on Thursday. Then Thursday evening I ran another 4 or so easy with my daughter, Becky, and her friend, Molly. I was blowing my nose the whole way, but I made it.

Today I'm off to Oklahoma City for my daughter, Sarah's, basketball tournament. I won't run today and probably won't have a chance to run Saturday. I'm out of town most of next week, so I probably won't run much before the six hour snake run on March 8. That's okay, I probably need to taper anyway. If I am feeling well that day, I may do 32 miles or more, but we'll see. I think the top spot will be over 40 miles.

Sarah started having a runny nose today. If her cold follows the same course mine did, she should feel okay for the tournament, but it will hit her hard early next week. Hopefully she will be over the worst of it before the national tournament begins on March 10.

If anyone is reading this, your prayers for health will be much appreciated. :)

1 comment:

50something said...

have a great time cheering Sarah on. I'd like to cheer you guys running the trail run next w/e. The only thing that would stop me is if Gary wants to go to the Home & Garden show. Glad you're feeling better, the rest will do you good, you'll do awesome on Saturday. Today's run-fabulous, the weather was p-e-r-f-e-c-t. Ran 10.