Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

I missed the group run on Thursday, even though I got the email from coach Kathy about the pizza afterwards. It was Valentine's Day, and a candlelight dinner with my darling wife trumped pizza. I did miss the running, though.

I haven't run many miles in the past week, but I've gotten in a couple of good hard runs. I enjoyed Saturday's run, which was pretty easy - about 7.5 miles with Jana, Sloan, Kathy, and Roman. It was the same as the "Mystery Run" that the RW group did, but I couldn't be a part of that run because of a deacon meeting at church.

Sunday I helped a guy finish roofing his house. I think I pinched a nerve in my neck, and I didn't sleep well Sunday night, so I took the day off from running Monday.

Tuesday I did a little over 6 miles at a little faster than an 8 minute/mile pace over a hilly route. I felt really good. Missed the group run because of another deacon meeting.

Wednesday I did 5.4 miles at just over an 8 minute pace. I felt like I was putting in more effort than on Tuesday's run, but I started out with tired legs. I felt really good at the end, though, and felt like I finished powerful and fast.

Thursday I did an easy run, about 4 miles at about a 9 minute pace. The wind was outrageous, over 28 mph and very gusty.

I'm going to just do a short easy run today. I go to OK City this afternoon to see my daughter play basketball. I'm looking forward to running with the group tomorrow. I'm planning on starting early and running 20+ miles.

No comments: