Sunday, October 5, 2008

Light Mileage Week

My running miles for last week was only 26.9. Sounds low for me, but I did do a hilly 35 mile bike ride on Monday. Also, three of the runs were pretty fast runs, pretty close to 8 minute pace.

Saturday I wasn't sure how much i would run - at least eleven, but maybe more. I started off with the fast guys, but they took off a bit faster than I wanted and sort of left me on 15th headed up to Utica. I finished the first loop of roughly five miles at about an eight and half minute pace. We regrouped and headed out for the next part of the hilly course, which we (or at least I) did at a bit faster pace, perhaps around eight minutes per mile. I had to do a pit stop at QT on the way back and was determined to catch up with the group by Veteran's Park, so I was really flying the last couple of miles, perhaps 7:30 pace or maybe even faster. I almost caught them, but not quite. Then the next mile I had gas pains again and sprinted to the restroom at the pedestrian bridge - a little under 7:30 pace for that mile. (Note to myself - Do not eat at Ted's Cafe Escondito on Friday night anymore.) Then the last mile was a more relaxed 8:30. Overall the pace was just over 8 minutes. Those last few miles wore me out, and I decided to not do any more after that; just eleven for me. It was a good workout, and I really enjoyed the run with friends.

Enjoyed church today. One of the songs we sang was "Above All," by Michael W. Smith. Here he is singing it.

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Looks like the chalk bandit has been loose on the west side.
You wouldn't know anything about that would you?

T Z said...

That's why I prefer sushi the night before a run.

Ethiopian Elites said...

If the drawings are not on the route of the hilly run past Utica Square, or the 18 miler route, or our Thursday night route, I did not do them.

The only drawings I did are of Kathy in a rocking chair and Lindsay about to give birth, and the writings are all encouraging words to the runners, or "We luv Coach Kathy." Anything else, and somebody else is responsible.

Also, if you see a drawing that looks like it might take some talent to create, you can be sure that I didn't do that one.

Candice said...

Mmmm... Ted's... They have the best tortilla's. And their mashed potato thingies are yummy too!

Mmmm... Sushi... What I wouldn't give for some yellowtail or some tuna right now! April seems very far away!

Mmmm... Chalk... Just Kidding! Some preggo's actually do crave chalk, but not me!

Tatur Dave - It's funny to hear you talk about "the fast guys"... in my book, you are one of them!