Monday, April 13, 2009

I Survived the Hilly Long Run

It had been quite a while since I had run up 21st Street, and I forgot how much of a hill that was. It was sort of hilly for a long run. I did my first loop in 51 minutes and the other three loops in 47 to 48 minutes each. Twenty mile time was 3:14:30. Then I did close to three miles more, finishing in just under 3hours 41minutes.

I really expected my shin to give me problems, but I finished the run with no pain whatsoever. Of course, my legs were tired, but what do you expect? Still, I've decided not to run in OKC. I probably will go and cheer on the other runners, though.

My glutes were a bit sore on Sunday, and even some on Monday, but not enough to keep me from a good Monday lunchtime run. I did a hilly four mile tempo run (NW of downtown, through Owen Park, up the Easton hill, up Country Club Drive, and back to downtown on Fairview). Averaged about 7:45 per mile. Now my glutes are really sore. Tuesday will be an easy day.

No comments: