Wednesday, April 8, 2009

To Run or Not to Run

Saturday I had a pretty good run. Eleven miles in an hour and a half and one second. That's an 8:11 pace. Not too bad considering the hilliness of the route (thanks, Larry!). Only thing bad is that my shin hurt pretty much the whole way. Not unbearable pain, but it continued to hurt the next couple of days - enough that I have thought about not signing up for the OKC Marathon. In fact, I have been thinking about not running at all for a few weeks. Maybe I will just do some biking. Saturday is the last day to sign up for the marathon online, and I guess I will see how I do on Saturday's long run and then make my decision.

By Tuesday my shin felt pretty good. Tuesday evening I had a good time walking with my wife and two poodles on Turkey Mountain for about an hour.

Today I rode my bike for the first time since about September. Thirty four miles. Averaged 16.0 mph for the first 32 miles or so and then took it easy for the next bit back to the parking lot. I was totally wiped out after the ride. Running is so much easier than biking! My sit bones are so sore!

I won't be able to make it to the Thursday night run. I have a basketball banquet to go to.

No comments: