Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ready to Start a New Training Session

In just a few days we kick off training with RunnersWorld Tulsa for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. I am already registered for the marathon. I expect it to fill up because it is the 10th running.

Our run on Saturday is a 9-miler that is pretty flat. We will start at Veterans Park at 8 a.m. (be there early so we can leave right at 8). From there we go south on Riverside to 31st, then east on 31st, south on Cincinnati, east on 34th, south on Peoria, past RunnersWorld, through the neighborhood to Hwy 44 and Riverside, south on the trail until we hit the construction, and then back north to Veterans Park.

I cut back on my mileage after the Route 66 Marathon and have just started to pick it up a little. Here's what I've run so far in December:
Dec 3: Two runs in Little Rock. The first was a hilly 6.7 miles at 8:15 pace. The second was 3.3 very hilly miles at a more relaxed 9:34 pace.
Dec 5: Total of 12.3 miles. About 7 of those were on a hilly route with Curtis. Average pace of 8:39.
Dec 7: 4 mile hilly tempo run from downtown Tulsa through and past Owen Park at 7:40 pace.
Dec 8: Easy 4.5 mile run south of downtown at 8:39 pace.
Dec 9: Brrrr! An easy, but hilly, 4.1 mile run north on Denver and back on Boston. Average pace of 8:57.

I am now using my Garmin on most runs, and I have started an online training journal that has all the details. I have included it in my links as bonesinmotion Training Blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are amazing!