Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Night Run


Eric and I ran in the neighborhoods behind RunnersWorld for our Thursday night run. It was cold, so we started off pretty fast. Before the run I bought some really neat gloves at RunnersWorld. They have an led light in the right glove that flashes. I thought that having that blinking light would make my run safer. I took the picture at left with my cell phone, and the flash went off. Looks like there is quite a bit of reflective material on the gloves as well as the led light. They must have worked. My hands were warm, and I didn't get hit by any cars.

On our run we were treated to many Christmas lights. After about 2.5 miles I stopped and took a picture of one house that was brilliantly lit. Good, because I needed a short break.



The route was pretty hilly, and we were averaging just under an 8 minute pace most of the way, but then the last mile and a half was flat, and we picked up the pace to just over 7 minutes per mile. We finished the run having logged 5.7 miles averaging a pace of 7:44 per mile.

No comments: