Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Week of Little Running

It's already Thursday, and I only have 4 miles of running so far this week, and that might be my total for the week, the way things are looking.

But, I did get over 50 miles in on my bike on Monday and Tuesday. Monday evening Carlos and I did 33 miles or so on the roads near Mountain Home Arkansas. In that ride we climbed close to 2500 feet and averaged about 15.8 mph. Early Tuesday morning, we got up and did a "recovery ride." It was a hilly 17.5 mile ride, climbing over 1000 feet, and averaging 15.9 mph.

My legs were really sore Wednesday, but I ran 4 miles at lunch. I did it sort of as a tempo run, averaging about an 8 minute pace. The middle two miles were run at about a 7:20 pace, and the last mile was pretty slow, but by that time I was about to die anyway.

Tonight I won't be running with the group. We are in the midst of buying a new car, a Nissan Altima. I am turning in the old van in the cash for clunkers deal, and I expect to close the deal tonight. Perhaps I can manage to get in a 4 mile run at noon tomorrow. That will put me at 8 for the week. Saturday I will be putting in a lot of miles, but they will be driving miles from here to Colorado.

Next week I will be spending the entire week at 8500 feet altitude or higher. I'm sure I will get a bunch of running in, but I will have no idea what the distance will be. I will just go by time and effort.

1 comment: