Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sleeping During the Sermon

Our church is getting a new pastor. Next Sunday is his first time to preach at our church. But, he and his family were at church last Sunday. One of the Sunday school classes had a meal at the church and my wife and I stayed to eat. Yummm!

So anyway, Saturday night my wife was snoring pretty badly. I have a cell phone that has a bunch of songs on it that I have downloaded from my daughter's computer. It also has a bunch of sermons from our new pastor that I got from the website of his old church. I thought it would be a good idea to put in the earbuds and listen to this mix of songs and sermons to try to drown out the snoring. It worked pretty well. I did sleep.

Okay, so we are eating after church, and the new pastor's wife, Lisa, sits down and starts chatting with my wife, Marilyn. I'm not sure how it came up, but the next thing I know, Marilyn is telling Lisa that to get to sleep at night I listen to her husbands sermons on my phone. She then tells Lisa that she thinks I'm practicing for Sunday mornings.

Great. Now the pastor will have his eye out for me. I won't be able to sleep during a sermon for at least a couple of months.

1 comment:

50something said...

Keep those ears plugs in and get more sleep.

Preaching to myself here, only 5 hrs sleep last night