Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not Much Running This Week

Since last Saturday's run, in which I ran 3 of the 10 miles barefoot, I have cut way back on my running because of my aching feet. Monday I met with the hill sprint group, and I jogged 2 miles and then did the 8 sprints, but I didn'tdo any cool down jog.

No running at all on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday night I decided to do the bike ride with the bicycle club. I started out with Stefanie and a few others, but I only made it 8 miles. I was downshifting on a big hill, but my derailleur got into the spokes and broke off. I had to call my wife to come rescue me.

Thursday evening I was ready to run again. I did 8 x 700 meter intervals. I was shooting for 2:55 for each bout. Here are my times:
2:43, 2:54, 2:53, 2:51, 2:54, 2:57, 2:57, 2:55
I felt pretty good during the intervals, but on the jog back to the store my feet really ached.

Friday I didn't run, but Friday night I played basketball with a couple of kids at church during the Reformers Unanimous meeting.

Saturday I decided not to do the long run. Better let my feet heal. I showed up with my newly repaired bike, and I rode the route, chalking in the turns and mile markers as I went. When I got back to Veteran's Park, Kathy asked me to lead the Tulsa Run training group. So, I did get 3 miles of running in. I stayed with Hayley and Noe for the first 2 miles, and then I let them finish ahead of me, while I waited and made sure nobody missed the turn. After getting back to the park, I then got back on my bike and rode the rest of the 12 mile route. After hanging out for a while, I then rode another 15 hilly miles. Just as I was leaving, Patty, Larry, and Bill were finishing their 18 mile run.

My total running for the week = 13 miles
My total biking for the week = 35 miles

No comments: