Monday, October 19, 2009

A Good Week of Running

After missing a couple of days running due to sickness, I got in a few good days of running.
Monday: Thirteen miles in the drizzly rain at night on the River Parks trail. Started slow and finished with a few fast miles. Averaged about 8:15 per mile.
Wednesday: Eleven miles in the drizzly rain at night on the River Parks trail. Ran an even pace and averaged about 8:20 per mile.
Thursday: Four miles at noon at about an 8:30 pace. Yasso 800s in the evening. This included ten 800s at an average time of 3:20 with an average recovery of 2:50. With the warm up, cool down, and recoveries, the total mileage for the evening was about 9.5.
Saturday: Legs were tired from the start. Ran four of the six mile loops. Mapmyrun calls it 6.09 miles per loop, so I logged 24.4 miles. My intent for this run was to do it at an easy pace, and to maintain an even pace for at least the first three loops. The last loop I was not feeling too good, and I slowed considerably, but that's okay. I averaged about a 9:40 pace for the whole run, about 90 seconds per mile slower than planned marathon pace.
Total running for the week: About 62 miles.

That will probably be my peak mileage week for the season. The next few weeks will be difficult to get in many miles due to business traveling. So far my training is going well, and I don't think the drop in mileage will hurt me. Saturday will be a difficult run - supposed to be 16 miles at marathon pace.

No comments: