Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lots of Running This Week

Sunday: no running, but I rode part of last Saturday's route on my bike - about 14 miles
Monday: 3 easy miles at noon. Rusty, Amanda, and I did hill sprints in the evening plus I added some extra running to make it 8 miles.
Tuesday: 4 easy miles at noon plus 3 miles in the evening. The 3 in the evening included a lot of walking with my wife, but Sophie, our dog was along and wanted to run a bit, so I'll count it as running miles.
Wednesday: 6 mile tempo at noon. Avg pace was 7:53, but that included a couple of pretty slow miles at the end. The fast stuff was more like 7:20, with the last fast mile in 7:05
Thursday: 5 easy miles at noon. 8.7 pretty fast miles with Dustin in the evening - avg pace about 8:20
Friday: 6 easy miles at noon. plus I rode my bike to mark Saturday's route - 11 miles The noon run was at a very relaxed pace (about 9:20). I was only going to do about 3, but when I ran past 1st Presbyterian, the bells were peeling out "O God Our Help in Ages Past." So I started trying to remember the words, and I think I got about 4 stanzas. Then I remembered to pray for Brian and Kathy, which I do during almost every run. Then I got to thinking about my upcoming Sunday school lessons that I have to prepare for. My mind got lost in thinking about the infinitude of God. Yep, that's what I have been assigned to teach next. Before I knew it, the 6 miles were up.
Saturday: 14 miles at marathon pace (averaged 8:08 - I was shooting for 8:10 - 8:15). This was a good run. I started out a little tired and didn't know if I could hold pace, but Eric, Dustin, and Andy pushed me, and we finished strong. They went on to run a total of 18. I was going to stop, but ended up running another 3 with a new girl that showed up after I thought I was done. Her name is Nicole. Just after we had packed up, and I was getting ready to leave, she showed up back at Veterans' Park at the end of her run. She ended up running 15, and I finished bout the last quarter mile with her. She has run a 3:20 marathon and will be a good addition to our group.
Total running miles for the week: about 61 (for the 7 days ending Friday the total was 65)
Total biking miles: about 25
Total running miles for September: 202

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I really appreciate your comment about praying for Brian and Kathy on your runs. You are an inspiration. Also enjoy the music you have posted.