Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday

Sunday morning worship was great. The choir sang one of my favorite songs, "How Beautiful," by Twila Paris.


The sermon was challenging, based on Philippians 2:5-11:
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be held onto for his own advantage, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death -- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Sort of as a response, we sang, "May the Mind of Christ My Savior."
May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
live in me from day to day,
by his love and power controlling
all I do and say.
May the word of God dwell richly
in my heart from hour to hour,
so that all may see I triumph
only through his power.

May the peace of God, my Father,
rule my life in everything,
that I may be calm to comfort
sick and sorrowing.

May the love of Jesus fill me
as the waters fill the sea.
Him exalting, self abasing:
this is victory.

May we run the race before us,
strong and brave to face the foe,
looking only unto Jesus
as we onward go.

May His beauty rest upon me
as I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.
Spent the rest of the day helping Mark build his shed. It was a pretty good day.

No comments: