Friday, March 26, 2010

Ready to Race

Sunday I will be running the Arbuckles to Ardmore Marathon, also called the Bar Nothin' Marathon. With that in mind, I have been tapering this past week or so. Last Saturday was an 8 mile run, and this week I have done 4 easy runs, each in the range of 3 to 4 miles. Tomorrow I will probably be at the group run, but I will just be hanging out. No running for me.

The graph below shows my training since January 1st. My 30 day cumulative miles peaked at about 205, and my weekly miles had several peaks of about 55 miles. I have five long runs of 20 miles or more and five runs between 15 and 20 miles. I feel okay, except for a little pain in my left Achilles, so I should be ready to go.

So, what is my goal for this race? I dunno. I guess I will decide that somewhere between the starting and finish lines. I would be pleased to go under 3:45, but I am really just out to have fun in this race.

No comments: