Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mock Marathon

Well, I finished the Mock Marathon, but it wasn't pretty. About mile 15 I was feeling kind of dehydrated, and I started walking a lot. You can tell by my splits that things kind of fell apart. I stopped at the aid station at 41st on the way south, sat a spell, and drank a lot. When I passed by again going north, Carmie asked if I was feeling any better. "Nope!" was my reply. Again I stopped and drank a lot. I think this was about my worst run of the year, and I am definitely ready for the taper.

1 comment:

50something said...

You tried out the Bones in Motion! I hadn't studied the elevation so much but the KC Marathon elevation was worse than R66. I think we've gotten too used to the cooler temps and we lost more water yesterday. Greg had sat at 41st for 10 min. before I got there. You'll be fine for R66, enjoy your taper, I know I will.