Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Traveling This Week

Had a long day on Monday. Picked up the rental car at about 7 a.m. and started to drive to Sikeston, MO. Stupid Blackberry! There it goes vibrating again. I check it and decide I better head back to the office to handle a few issues before I head back out on my trip. Okay, now it's 12:30, and I'm ready to head out again. Stopped at QT in Catoosa to get cash and a quick bite (chocolate milk and hot dog taquito thing. I do not recommend.) Almost to Vinita, and Blackberry vibrates again. Okay, I dial in to the teleconference and participate while I'm on my way. As a result of the teleconference, I end up stopping in Springfield and having another meeting. Get out of Springfield a little before 4. Finally arrived in Sikeston just before 10 p.m. I decided to not run.

Tuesday I met with the contractor rebuilding the 69kV line between New Madrid and Malden. Then drove around with the inspector and watched some structures being rebuilt. Ate a big lunch at Ernie's in Malden. Then drove on to Jonesboro. I decided to detour through Blytheville, AR, where my mom grew up. Took a picture of my grandmother's old house.
A lot of memories tied to that old house. I miss my mom and granny. Got to Jonesboro about 5:30. Ran about three and a half miles on the treadmill. Two of those miles were at planned marathon pace. Felt pretty good.

Hopefully I will be done in Jonesboro early enough to make it back to the pre-race pizza party at RunnersWorld on Thursday.

No comments: