Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dinner Theater

Today I ran 4 miles easy at noon, right at a 9 minute pace. I'm still a little tired from yesterday's runs.

Tonight I went to church and helped the youth put together the set for their upcoming play. Here is the announcement from last Sunday's bulletin:

My daughter, Katie, wrote and is directing the play. It has been a lot of hard work and sort of frustrating trying to get everyone together for the practices. Katie started running with our running group a couple of months ago, but she hasn't made it for a while largely due to her work on the play. Another daughter, Sarah, is the assistant director. Sarah will be going to India this summer on a mission trip, and the proceeds from the play will help pay the cost for her and the other students.

Tomorrow our church is doing a Passover Seder, and I have the honor of dressing up in first century garb and sitting at the head table up on the stage. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be one of the 12 disciples or what, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I hope I'm not Judas. The Last Supper was a Passover Seder, and at that time Jesus said that the unleavened bread represented His body and that the cup of wine, which would have been the third cup of the Seder - the cup of redemption - was the new covenant in His blood "poured out for you." It is through the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ that we who believe have forgiveness of our sins, have eternal life, and are able to commune with God.

No comments: