Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fast Runs in the Rain

Today was rainy, cold, and windy, but I ran anyway. At noon I did a tempo run on a hilly route, 4 miles at 7:50 pace.

After work I met the die hards of the RunnersWorld group. It was just Ken, Bobbie, and me. Well, Kathy also showed up, but she was too chicken to run. Actually, she is resting up for a Boston Qualifying attempt at the Olathe Marathon in a couple of weeks. Go Kathy! You can do it. I'm quite confident she could run 3:50 or better when well rested.

Ken and Bobbie and I started out fairly slow, and I left them when they stopped for a pottie break. I then ran 2 miles at 8:15 pace, jogged a 1/2, and then ran two halves in 3:11 and 3:17 with a 1/2 mile jog in between. Total of 6 miles.

It was a great day of running.

2 comments:

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Okay, it's official..you are more dedicated than anyone I know. Impressive...very impressive. I have to admit that my favorite runs last Fall were the rainy days, especially that amazinf downpour we survived.

Way to keep it up! I'm inspired as always with your dedication and drive!

T Z said...

"It was a great day of running"???
It was a great day of RAINING!
What's up with the two-a-days? You're starting to sound like you're obsessed with this running thing. Actually, I think two-a-days, and even days with 3 runs are awesome ways to step up your training without wearing yourself out. You get your heartrate revved up, let it settle down for a hour or so, and then crank it up again. Last week, I had a 3-run Wednesday. Today, I ran 3.5 with Taylor's Titans, and then ran 3.3 around Lake yahola, which is a fantastic place to run....very beautiful, pancake flat, and nice soft dirt/gravel roads. Four hours later, and I am still buzzing.

Rock on, Dave!

T Z