Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finally Feeling Good

I finished my antibiotics on Monday and felt good enough to run Tuesday. I ran the last 5 miles or so of the OKC Memorial Marathon course at about an 8:45 pace and then a little more at a slower pace to total 8 miles. I felt pretty good, but not quite at 100%.

Wednesday afternoon my wife dropped me off at Lake Hefner near Hefner Drive, and I ran the last half of the marathon course. I somehow wandered off course and ran a total of 14.25 miles. It was a difficult run because it was kind of warm (75 degrees), and I was running against a steady 20 mph wind from the south. I walked quite a bit along Classen Blvd. I still managed to average about a 10:20 pace, but I was sure beat at the end. I went back to the hotel room and sat in a tub of cold water - BRRR!!!

Today I feel pretty good, but I am taking the day off from running. Tomorrow I will probably do around 8 miles on the start of the marathon course.

No comments: