Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another Bike Ride

I got off work at 5:15, drove to the hotel, made a quick change, and arrived at the east side of Lake Overholser by about 5:50. It turns out that the Oklahoma Bicycle Society ride does start from the west side, but I met another group of riders, Team Bike Buddies. The group consisted of Mike and Talesa Flennigan, Eric, David, Sam, Gretchen, and a few others whose names I don't remember. I took off with the slower group, and after a couple of miles the faster group passed us. I decided to catch the fast group and stay with them, and it was a pretty good ride. It was mostly flat, but it was pretty windy. My bike computer says the distance was 29.2 miles, avg speed was 17.1 mph, and max speed was 29.8 mph. I felt good most of the way, but my quads were sort of burning in the last mile as I slightly lagged behind the lead riders. Also, my butt bones hurt. I will have to take a few days break from riding.

After the ride a bunch of the group went to Braum's at 23rd and Rockwell. I had a 1/3 lb burger, fries, and a large chocolate malt. Mmmmm!!! It was a great way to finish an enjoyable evening.

1 comment:

T Z said...

Gotta beef up the butt before riding long! Some of the worst ouchies ever were bike seat sores!!! And hey, Tatur Dave cross-training??? What a concept!!!