Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just Another Blog Entry

The Grim Reaper chastised me for not updating my blog enough, so here goes:

Okay, for my running this week, here is what I have done so far:
Monday at noon I did a 4.9 mile tempo run averaging about 8 minute pace. Route was from 3rd & Boulder, south on Boulder to Riverside, Riverside trail to pedestrian bridge, and back along Midland Valley Trail.

Tuesday at noon I did 3.9 miles at an 8:13 pace. Route was south on Cincinnati to about 25th or 26th Street & back along Midland Valley Trail.

Tuesday evening I ran with the RunnersWorld group and had a great time. I started running with Roy, who is new to the group. Roy has run a 3:04 marathon, but that was like 20 years ago. He is just now getting back into running, hoping to lose some weight and get in better shape. Joye also started out with me and Roy. It has been good to see her out running again. We had a lot of good runs together when she was training for the Route 66 Marathon. After a while I pulled ahead and ran with Michael for a ways. Then at 41st we started to head back, but then we ran into Jennifer, so we turned around and ran with her. We finished the last three miles at about an 11 minute pace, which felt good to me, cuz I was sort of tired from the noon runs on Monday and Tuesday. Anyway, I really enjoyed the run with Jennifer and Michael. Jennifer is going to do the Aquarium Run 1/2 marathon in a couple of weeks, and she is hoping to do something like a 12 minute pace or perhaps a bit better. I don't think she'll have any problem. Go Jennifer, Go!!! Total distance Tuesday evening was 6 miles or so. Oh, and then we had the privilege of changing Jennifer's flat tire. For pictures, see the RunnersWorld blog.

Wednesday I was going to run at lunch, but it was rainy so I stayed in and worked some on my Sunday school lesson. We are beginning a series on our doctrinal statement from our constitution and bylaws, and I am going to lead off the series with a few weeks overview of dispensational theology. Wednesday evening Marilyn and I went to our last session of a marriage enrichment class at our church. It has been a very good class. The best part were the love and respect videos. After church I again had a privilege of changing a flat tire, this time it was the car my daughter was driving. I put on the spare, drove to Walmart, got a plug kit, repaired the tire, changed the tire again, and was back home by 10:30.

Thursday at noon I did 5.4 miles at a pretty relaxed pace, averaging 8:44 per mile. Route was south from downtown along the Midland Valley Trail, across to the west bank, north to 21st, across the river on the 21st street bridge and north on Boulder to 3rd street.

Thursday evening I went 6 miles. The first mile was a slow pace, then I ran a mile with the grim reaper at an 8 minute pace. He turned around at that point, and I was on my own. Next mile was about 7:30, then 8:00, then a half mile in 4:10, and at that point my left hamstring was beginning to feel tight, so I walked/jogged the last mile and a half. I passed Phillip, and he asked me if I had been doing any pull ups lately, so I felt obligated when I passed the pull up bars. I did 7, which is pretty good for me. The highlight of the run was when I ran into Cindy, Carmie, and Teresa near the pedestrian bridge. Cindy said to me, "you look hot!" I had no idea she felt that way toward me. Then she corrected herself. "I mean you look sweaty!"

My plan for Saturday is to run 10 or 12 at an easy pace. If Jennifer is there, I may run with her to keep her company.

My total for the week after Saturday will be 36-38 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Dave!! I will keep your phone number so you can change my tire too the next time it flats!!!

Brian