Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bicycling

Yesterday I ran a little over 5 miles at a little over an 8 minute pace. I felt pretty good, but still had some tightness in my left hamstring.

Today I am in Oklahoma City. I brought my bike, and after work I went to Lake Overholser and rode a couple of times around the lake plus a bit extra. I saw a number of cyclists doing a time trial. They were members of the Triathlon Club of Oklahoma City . I talked to a few of them at the end of my ride. Nice group of people. My total was 18.3 miles at an average speed of 17.2 mph, and a top speed of 28.7 mph. It was a flat course, but very windy. I didn't push too hard, and I felt pretty good. Not bad for the first ride of the year.

If I get off work early enough tomorrow, I am going to try and do the Wednesday night ride here with the cycling club. Not sure where to meet, though. The website says to meet on the west side of the lake. The triathletes said they thought the Wednesday rides started from the east side of the lake. The contact phone numbers from the website didn't work, so I will just show up on the east side and hope for the best. Worst case is I will ride by myself, like today.

No comments: