Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Midweek Update

I ran an easy four miler at noon on Monday from downtown and then on the Midland Valley Trail to 25th Street and back. At 25th I ran into Jim, so I ran back with him. It felt like an easy paced run, but it was actually a little faster than I thought at about 8:30 per mile.

Tuesday I ran pretty hard at noon, the same four miles, but this time a little under 8:15 pace. In the evening I had a good six mile run with Jim, Chris, Lisa, and Lisa's brother (sorry, but I forgot his name). For me it was going to be an easy run, and I felt pretty good. Started off at a 9:20 pace, and then sped up pretty much each mile from there, averaging just under 9 minute pace. My last mile was right at 8:00 pace, and I felt pretty fresh at the end. Not at all like last Thursday when I could barely finish the run. Like Coach Kathy says, "sometimes you have good days, and sometimes you have bad days." I think Jim and Chris enjoyed the run too. It sort of pushed their limits in the last mile or so, but that is good. Lisa and her brother turned back a little early, running five miles. They had a superb run as well. After the run, Brian, Ken, Glen, and I went to the hospital to visit the motorcyclist who crashed by Turkey Mountain on July 3rd. He has a broken back, and is paralyzed from just above the waist, but he will soon go into rehab. Hopefully he will fully recover.


Today (Wednesday) I decided to do a five mile tempo run from downtown and around Swan Lake. I saw Joe heading the other direction on 19th Street with his regular running partners. I was a bit tired, and it was a hard and hot run. Still, I managed to average an 8:10 pace.

Thursday I will slow down the pace, and maybe I will skip my noon run. I'll just see how I feel tomorrow.

1 comment:

T Z said...

That Tatur Dave is sure one runnin' fool!

It's always impressive to me that you keep such good records of your runs and pace.