Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July

I missed running with the group on Tuesday and Thursday because I've got relatives in town, but I still managed to get in some miles. Tuesday and Wednesday in the early afternoon I did a loop around Zink Lake , which is about 4.4 miles. Thursday at noon I did the same loop, but started and ended downtown, so it made the distance be 6.5 miles. It was hot every day.

Thursday night I met with a group at the parking lot at Turkey Mountain. Trail Zombie has a good blog entry about our run. It started with helping a guy who was in a motorcycle wreck. (See Ken's blog for more details). We (Vicky, Ken, Brian, Bill, and Glen) ran about 4 miles on Turkey Mtn. Then I did about another 6 on paved trails with all but Brian - also Kathy was with us on the paved trails. I've decided I need to get a brighter headlamp. The one I got was from Walmart, and I got it last year for Ken's birthday run. I haven't changed batteries since then, so maybe that had something to do with the light being a bit dim. Ken took the picture below. Apparently Kathy didn't put on enough bug repellent, and she is being bit by a big one.


I enjoyed running with the whole group, but I think the highlight of the run for me was running with Kathy. It has literally been months since I have run with her, and it was good to run and chat together. I'm looking forward to pacing her at night in the Mother Road 100, and this was a good practice run. I also plan to pace Brian in MR100, but that will probably be during daylight hours.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday!

No comments: