Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Report

Saturday I ran with the RunnersWorld Marathon Training Group. Started out at 5:40 am and ran three miles alone - through Woodward Park and around Swan Lake. It was soooooo humid! I about died and really didn't want to run with the group after that. But I did run 8 miles with the group, and then Joe and I ran/walked back to make sure everyone was in, which added a couple of miles. Total of 13 miles for the day, 43 for the week. Paula and her daughter showed up as we were just getting ready to leave, and I considered doing another 6 with her. By that time the humidity seemed better, and I almost decided to go with Paula, but Joe talked me out of it, luring me into eating pancakes served up by the Lyons Club of Brookside. Joe, Ken, Kathy, and I all went for pancakes. It was a fun morning.

On the fourth of July my nephew, Parker, swam in the preliminaries of the 50 meter freestyle in the Olympic Trials. He, along with the other swimmers, was given one of those fast Speedo suits that cost over $500. He swam a PR and beat a few guys, but still didn't make it past the prelims. It was a good experience for him, though.

My daughter, Sarah, is now in India on a mission trip. I don't have a whole lot to say about the trip, but the photo is of her in India.

I won't be there for the Tuesday run. I will be canoing on the Current River. I guess I can count that as cross training. I probably won't get in too many running miles this week.

2 comments:

T Z said...

Where is the Current River?

Ethiopian Elites said...

Current River is in Missouri. I'll be leaving in about three hours, driving for five hours, staying overnight in Salem, MO, which is pretty close to the river.

I'll be canoing tomorrow with my daughters, Melissa, Katie, and Becky, and with my brother-in-law, Ron, and my niece and nephew, Alyssa and Adam.