Saturday, July 12, 2008

Running Report for the Week

I didn't run this week until Thursday. Tuesday I canoed 16 miles down the Current River in Missouri from Baptist Camp to Akers Ferry. Thursday at noon I did 5 miles at a brisk pace. It was hot and humid, and it took a lot out of me. Thursday evening I did 6 miles with the RunnersWorld group. I ran most of the way at a relaxed pace (about 10 minutes per mile) with Chris, who may be training for a triathlon, and Lisa, who is training for a marathon, and with Brian. With a mile and a half to go, I let them go ahead while I got a drink. The last mile I was pretty fatigued, so I walked a lot with Brian. Back at the store I drank probably four or five cups of water, then I ate handfuls of grapes, and a couple of pickles. Then I drank pickle juice and then some more water. Then when I got home I ate a bunch more grapes and drank a bunch more water. I didn't stay for the nutrition clinic, but I did eat hot dogs at home. Nutritious meal, right?

Friday I did 3 slow miles. When I got to a red light, I did push ups until the light turned green. Must have done a total of at least 50 push ups. At Veterans Park I did pull ups on the soccer goals.

Saturday was the Poker Run. I showed up with several others at 5 am to help set up. Wished I was still in bed. The marathon group did 3 miles and then the 5 mile poker run. I ran some with Ken, but he was having some bathroom issues and told me to go on ahead, so I caught up with and ran with Linda, Rachelle, Sandy, and Jennifer a ways, then at the water break I went on ahead and caught up with Deon, Lisa, Jason and a couple of others, then I went on ahead back to Veterans Park. For the Poker Run, I ran with Lisa Butler for about a mile at a pace that I probably could not keep the whole way, so when I picked up my first card, I let her go on ahead, and I ran with Tom and Bill until the turnaround. At the turnaround a young girl forgot to turn around, and by the time I thought about going after her, it was quite a distance. I kind of sprinted until I caught her, and that about wiped me out. On the way back, I ran some with Aaron and with Rita. I didn't stay for the prizes, but Patty, Kathy, Craig, Paula, and I put in some extra miles, going through Woodward Park, around Swan Lake, back to Veterans Park and then some more on Riverside. Total of 14 miles for the day and 28 for the week.

It was a pretty fun week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
I didn't know you canoed! You'll have to tell me more about this on our next run......

Lisa

Ethiopian Elites said...

Yep, I did canoe and had a great time. I plan on running with the group on Tuesday, so maybe I can tell you about the trip then.

See you later.