Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Half of Week

Monday I ran a four mile loop, from downtown to 11th & Riverside, through Newblock Park, north to Owen Park, past the center of the universe, and back to the start at 3rd & Boulder. Boy, it was hot!
Tuesday I was out in the heat all day at a substation in Allen, Oklahoma. I barely made it back in time for the group run. We did four miles on the river parks trails. I finished the run with Chris and Lisa. Again, it was a scorcher, and we were definitely feeling the heat.

This morning I ran alone, starting from Veteran's Park. I did a seven mile loop that I hope will be part of one of our group runs. It rained overnight, so it was cooler, but it was very humid. I went north on the trail to 4th Street, over to the center of the universe, north to Fairview, west on Fairview, past the Kennedy Mansions,

south on Country Club Drive and through Owen Park. As I entered Owen Park, I passed the oldest house in Tulsa.
From the park I went south on Quanah to 1st St, west to Rosedale, south to Newblock Park, and then followed the trail to Riverside and Southwest Blvd.. From there I followed the River Parks trail to 21st, and back to Veteran's Park. It was a pretty hilly route, but I enjoyed it.

Click here to see a map of the route.

No comments: