Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday's Report

First for Thursday: At noon I jogged down to Veterans Park and did pull ups on the soccer goals and push ups and then jogged back downtown. I'll count it as 3 miles.

Thursday evening I ran with the group, starting out with Ken, but he slowed after one mile so he could take pictures of the group. I continued with Brian and Vicky, with Chris and Lisa not far behind. Brian and I did seven, while the others did six or less. Brian pooped out after 3.5, and we walked quite a bit. I finished with an 8:00 and 7:40. At the end Vicky and I sprinted to the finish. It was a really fun day of running!

Saturday we had a pretty good turnout considering that a large portion of the group was at Mohawk Park. I arrived early, helped Brian and Kathy set up, and then did a four mile loop through Woodward Park and around Swan Lake. I got back just in time to give instructions to the group and then we headed out toward 15th, then on the trail to 6th Street and back. I ran mostly with Keri and Curtis. Curtis' Garmin said it was 4.33 miles.

From there we did the four mile loop through Woodward and around Swan Lake, which was a beautiful run in spite of the hills. Then Stefanie, Curtis, and I ran the loop backwards to make sure all had made it in. I'm calling the total for the day 16.3 miles at an average pace or around 9:30. Total for the week was 45 miles.

After the run there was a Cross Fit group starting their workout at the soccer goal. They invited me to do their workout, so I did, but I pooped out on the third and last round. I was in the midst of the last set of 50 meter lunges and I felt like I hit the wall. So I called it quits and went back to my car and drank a bunch of Gatorade. Then I drove off to pick up the water jug that Kathy had left out by the trail. I sort of felt like I was drunk driving. So, when I got to the water jug, I laid down on the trail, poured water and ice all over me and just stayed like that until I felt halfway normal. I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow!

2 comments:

Christal Pellerin said...

Thanks for a great run on Saturday, although I didn't run the full 8, it was still quite refreshing :) See you soon!

Ethiopian Elites said...

I'm glad you ended up refreshed. I was pooped!