Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday's Update

Ran 17 miles or so Saturday. Arrived at Veteran's Park shortly after 4 and waited a short while for Coach Kathy and then set up stuff once she arrived. Ran 5 miles to center of universe with Kathy, Jessie, Roman, Ken, and Johnny. Then ran 10 with the marathon group running with a bunch of people - most of the last 5 was with Kendall. Right at the end I could hear Bill coming up rapidly behind me, so I kept up the pace and maybe increased it just a bit. Just about collapsed at the end. Boy, I was beat! Had cookies, Gatorade, and water, and then I felt better. Went out for another 2-3 miles with Kathy, so my total for the day was 17 or so.

Saturday afternoon I bought a new pair of Brooks Cascadia shoes and new BOA shorts, the kind with the mesh pockets in the back. Monday morning I thought I would try my new duds out at Turkey Mountain, so I started out on the trail at 6 am. A short ways into my run a bug flew up my nose. Man, that was annoying. My nose started running badly, and I was running badly too! So, I cut my run short and kept blowing my nose, sort of walking/jogging. Took me about 20 minutes before my nasal passages felt halfway clear. And, by the time I was done, I had snot wiped all over my brand new shorts. The shoes did feel good, though.

Monday at noon I made up for the short run in the morning by doing another 4 miles. It was hot, but I felt pretty good, and the Cascadias felt good on the roads.

I was going to run this morning, but I was up late last night, and I couldn't force myself out of bed. I probably won't be doing any more running until Friday. I'll be out of town. Plans for Saturday are for 20 miles.

1 comment:

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Hey there! New shoes...oh to be able to use my shoes! :) I am finally getting to go back to work fulltime this week. I will be able to start walking after this week! :) So you may be seeing me in the near future...walking, not running! :( I know it could be worse. I do miss you all. How's it going? BTW I started a new blog...check out my page, there's a link there!