Friday, November 14, 2008

Finally Tapering

They say you should taper for two or three weeks before a marathon. So, two weeks ago I had a 22 mile long run almost at marathon race pace, and then this past weekend after I did about five miles Saturday morning, I ran with Kathy on Saturday night for 40 miles. Not your usual taper, but we'll see how it works.

Tuesday I ran a 4 mile tempo run averaging just under 8 minutes per mile. Here are my 1/2 mile splits:
4:29, 3:42, 4:03, 4:05, 3:48, 3:39, 3:46, 4:15

I guess Wednesday I started my taper. I didn't run at all on Wednesday.

Thursday I ran four easy un-timed miles. Then I ate pizza and cupcakes with my friends at RunnersWorld!

Friday I took off of work. In the morning I picked up body parts from two different cars in a salvage yard to repair my daughter's wrecked car, a 1993 Saturn that already looked like a wreck before she wrecked it. In the afternoon I picked up my bib and chip for the marathon. In the afternoon I started to put the car back together.

Saturday morning I will pick up the hood for the car from a different car in a different salvage yard, then stop at RunnersWorld to pick up some shot blocks and sport beans that I forgot to get on Thursday. Then I will go home, and hopefully I will be able to get everything to fit on the car in the afternoon. The car is going to look interesting. It used to have two colors of body panels, but I doubling that to four colors. I'm thinking of getting a paintbrush and some Rustoleum and painting it all one color.

Sunday is race day, and I am going to have fun!!!

4 comments:

BOCA said...

Sounds like quite the project...my dad is constantly tweaking cars...fun is what it's all about!!!

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

i had a beat up teal car that jason and i painted pink racing stripes down and we also spray painted the hub caps chrome and threw silver glitter on them. talk about pimp my ride. i will find pics. celebrate your daughter's car's new uniqueness and that ypu will always know it is her on the road.

Bobby said...

Working on cars. I had enough of that through the years. Now you can't get me to change the oil. I take it in to have it done. Heck, I don't even check the pressure in my tires (except for my bicycle).

Ethiopian Elites said...

I hate to work on cars. But sometimes you have to.