Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week Runs

Tuesday I got up early and ran seven miles along the hilly Creek Turnpike trail averaging about 8:30 per mile. At noon I went out to run an easy three from downtown to Veteran's Park and back. While I was at the park, I did pull ups and push ups and wore myself out. On the way back I took it really slow. My left knee was hurting a lot, and I walked quite a bit.

My knee stayed sore even for walking for most of the rest of the week, so I didn't run again until Saturday morning, when we ran as a group on Turkey Mountain. I showed up early and did five miles or so at a pretty fast pace before the group arrived. My knee only hurt a little bit, beginning about a mile or two into the run. I then did about another five and a half miles with the group, taking in the red and yellow trails. Again, it was at a pretty fast pace for most of the way, and I was pretty tired at the end. Then I waited for Paula to complete her loop and we did another six along the paved trail at a more relaxed pace. Total for Saturday was 17 miles. Total for the week was 27. Total weight gained during the week was five pounds, not counting the pie and cookies I had today.

My legs are a little sore today, but my knee is good.

Thanksgiving was good. Marilyn's brother came into town with his family, and her Aunt Ruthie also came. We also had company over on Wednesday. On Wednesday we had turkey lasagna; turkey and ham plus all the fixins on Thanksgiving; leftover turkey on Friday; leftover turkey lasagna on Saturday; Polish sausage for lunch today (starting to run low on leftovers). Pumpkin, pecan, and cherry pies all days, plus brownies, various cookies,and chocolate candy. Gooey and cheesecakey pastries for breakfast on all days. Then, last night Becky brings home a huge Boomer Sooner cookie. Yummy, but this has to stop!

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Yeah! The Thanksgiving food has ran out. All the turkey and stuff was great but time for something different. Tonight took Susan for a Goldie's hamburger.

Ethiopian Elites said...

IHOP tonight. Short stack for me, omelet for Marilyn.