Thursday, November 6, 2008

On to Better Races

Well, the Presidential race is over. Here is an interesting news story about Obama supporters. I guess the same could be said of any of the people obsessed with all the political races, regardless of which candidate they were supporting.

But, there are better races to think about. I am looking forward to pacing Kathy during part of her Mother Road 100 mile race. Unfortunately, I can't run the last legs of the race with her, but before I hand her over to another pacer, I will impart to her my super TATUR proton energy power, and she will finish strong! There has been some smack talk between her and Ken, and it's hard to predict a winner, but I'm glad I'm on Kathy's team.

I am also really looking forward to the Route 66 marathon. After last week's 22 mile run, I have confidence I can set a new PR this year. If for some reason I don't set a new PR, though, I am still going to have a lot of fun! I can't wait to see all the RunnersWorld team finishing strong!

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Since I am pacing with Ken for part of his run I guess that puts me in competition with super Dave.
I never thought I would be competing with Dave.

Ethiopian Elites said...

I can't think of a nicer guy to be beaten by than you, Bobby.

I really don't think there is that much competition between Ken and Kathy. It's just talk. I think since Ken has been running so well this fall he is going for a PR in the neighborhood of 21 hours, but Kathy isn't that concerned about her time. I really expect Ken to finish ahead of Kathy. But, who knows, if she feels good, she may just pour it on in the last miles.

Right now the plan is for me to pace between Weatherford and the TATUR Turn. If we get to the TATUR Turn before 1 am or maybe just a little later, I may go on to Geary with her before I leave her in Roman's hands.

Bobby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.