Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday

I got off work early today and went by RunnersWorld to get a new pair of shoes. I've been running in Mizuno Alchemies for the last year or two, and they have been good shoes for me except for one thing. The Alchemy 5 and 6 were great, but the material on the inside of the heel of the Alchemy 7 just wears out too fast for me. They feel great, but every time I take my shoes off, it is like bits of stuffing are coming out of the shoe. So, I tried on some Asics and Nikes. I liked the Nikes better, but then I tried the Mizuno Inspire 4, and that is what I settled on.

I have relatives in town this week. After supper two of my daughters (Becky and Katie) and my niece and nephew (Alyssa and Adam) went for a run at Turkey Mountain. (I did not use my new shoes!) We started the run at 8 pm and finished shortly after 9. Probably around four and a half miles. Picture isn't very good, but it was starting to get dark, and the cameras in cell phones just aren't the greatest.

I hope to see everyone at the group runs on Tuesday and Thursday, but I may be spending time with family. So, if I don't see you, here's wishing you good running.

Also, my youngest daughter is leaving on a youth mission trip to India on Wednesday. The group is going to Chennai, in southern India, and among other things, they will be visiting villages that are still recovering from the tsunami. If you think about them, say a prayer for them.

God be with you till we meet again.

1 comment:

T Z said...

AHHH....nothing like that new shoe smell!!!