Monday, September 8, 2008

Hills?

I just love those exciting training routes that Coach Kathy comes up with! But after today, I would not call them hilly. As I am writing this, I am in the Ramada Inn in Mountain Home, Arkansas. This evening Carlos and I did a 29 mile bike ride on the roads around Mountain Home. There may have been one or two flat stretches, but most of it was hills. Not the little pansy hills we ran on Saturday morning, but real hills. The kind you wished you had a third chain ring for. I managed to keep my speed above 5 mph on all uphills, but it wasn't easy. Maximum speed recorded - and I was coasting, maybe even using my brakes a little - was 45.2 mph. Average speed 15.7. It was my first time on the bike since my flat tire in Springfield a couple of months ago. My legs, especially my quads, are really tired.

Running distance so far this week is zero. I probably won't run until Wednesday. I think I have my addiction beat!

No comments: