Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Update

On Wednesday morning I went to Veteran's Park and was going to run the same route we did on Saturday, but I got up a little late and only had time to do about 7.3 miles. Then I did about 4 miles at noon.

Thursday morning I went to Veteran's Park again and was going to do the 4 mile hilly loop through Woodward Park and around Swan Lake twice. But, again I got a late start, and I was feeling so sluggish that I lopped off a mile on the second loop, so I only ended up with about 7 miles. Thursday evening I ran with the RunnersWorld group. Humidity was at about 110%. Ran with Larry Davied the whole way, but also ran with Lisa a bit and with Travis for the last 4 miles. We averaged about 8:30 not including water stops, but the last mile was run in 7:33. It felt good to stretch out my legs!

I will take the day off from running tomorrow. I will be spending the day at the Salvation Army on N. Cincinnati painting for the Day of Caring. I'm looking forward to the 16 mile run in the rain on Saturday. I sure hope it rains good!

I wish I could run the Turkey and Taturs race on Sunday. I had been training for it and believe I am ready, but it turns out I need to be at church. Too bad, because it should be a blast racing on the muddy trails in the rain. After church is out, I plan on running the course and picking up the ribbons that TZ has set out to mark the course.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I was wishing for rain Thursday evening. It missed us. I also hope to get rained on some Saturday.