Monday, June 9, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

I was going to ride my bike to work today, but I canceled due to the rain. But I did have a good run at noon. It was 66 degrees! Woohoo!!! And the rain was coming down pretty steady, so it felt even cooler. A good day for a run. I started from 3rd & Main and went south for a few blocks then headed over to Boston. At 15th Street I veered over to Cincinnati and went south to 25th Street (I think) and then returned on the Midland Valley Trail. The trail was flowing pretty good with water. It was like running in a creek bed, and I did have to negotiate one tree that had fallen across the trail at about 23rd Street. I started my run pretty slow because the tendon behind my left knee going up to my hamstring was pretty tight. After a bit, though, it started feeling better and I kept picking up the pace. I finished the 3.9 mile run in 29:59, an average pace of 7:42. There were hardly any cars out and absolutely no other runners. I don't know why, it was a perfect day to run, and I had a blast!

1 comment:

T Z said...

Tag!!! You've been tagged in a blog-thing. Check out the last post on my blog for details. It's a Q & A thing...kinds fun, but a little like homework. :)