Friday, June 6, 2008

Week In Review

Biked to and from work on Monday at a fairly easy pace.

Tuesday I ran three easy miles at lunch. At Veterans Park, halfway through my run, I did several sets of pull ups, push ups, and sit ups. In the evening I ran three miles with Brian. Mostly easy, but we did one half mile in 3:02. Afterwards, when we were just about to leave, Mike announced that he had lost his car key. So, I (as well as several others) ran back over his route looking for the key. Turns out it was in his pocket the whole time. Oh well, I guess I needed the extra mileage.

Wednesday I ran three miles at lunchtime, and just as I was finishing the run, I heard a loud voice calling out to me, "Put your hands over your head and stop, and you won't get hurt!" I looked over and there was a Tulsa sheriff's car and the voice called out again, "Put your hands over your head and stop, and you won't get hurt!" So, I put my hands over my head and then I noticed it was Allen, and he was in the car with another guy, laughing. I guess I must have been speeding.

Thursday I didn't run at noon; instead I ate lunch with my wife. I ran six miles from RunnersWorld in the evening with Michael. It was pretty hot and windy, and most of the run was at a pretty easy pace, around 10 minutes or a little faster. My hamstrings were feeling kind of tight all week, and I didn't want to do too much to aggravate them, but they felt good, so in the last mile I accelerated pretty good and finished strong. My legs feel pretty good today.

After the run, the marathon, half marathon, and Tulsa Run group leaders met at Mazzio's for pizza. Marathon training starts tomorrow, and I can hardly wait. Bobby, Deon, and I will be running with a group of beginning marathoners.

Ran on the treadmill today, which you can see in the video below. :)



Tomorrow's run with the group will be six miles, but I plan on doing an additional six or so.

2 comments:

50something said...

Hi Dave-
Looks like you had another one of your amazing weeks.

That video was hilarious.

Great group this a.m., huh! Met some new people, one is an ORU grad '99, Alisha, she was toward the front of the intermediate group, never run a 1/2 or full b4 but has been doing 1/2 distance. Glad you're one of the leaders. I was bummed by Kathy's schedule-we don't do 10 mi until July, so I'll be checking your blog to see what mileage you're doing on Sats. Today was fine, I wanted to do an easy run, I still averaged 10/min. I'm having a harder time getting used to the humidity, even my 5:30 a.m. runs on Tues/Thurs were not enjoyable. And I need to be getting some speed work in during the week. My neighbor's husband used to coach track so, I'm doing some drills they suggested. Overall though, I'm very satified with my progress and so thankful that I haven't been injured. This is such a stress reliever for me because work has been overwelming.

Ethiopian Elites said...

Hey Paula, Sorry we didn't connect this morning. I did most of the six miles with the beginner group at a pretty slow pace, even walking quite a bit, because I was trying to support a fairly new runner. Afterwards Joe and I did another six at a snappier pace.

I'm afraid the paces will have to be a little slow this summer if the heat and humidity keep up. But in the fall the speed will magically come back, and you will wonder what happened. A ten minute pace in this morning's conditions is comparable to about a nine minute pace in cooler weather. You are doing better than you think you are.